Friday, July 22, 2011

Been a while since last blogging

I haven't had too much time to post anything as of late. This will actually be the first non-food related post that I make. And hopefully, it will be the last one that make as a vent, gripe, complaint or anything else of such nature.

More than a year ago I found a new friend on the Internet who I quickly adopted as my new business mentor. She has been a true inspiration. Even though we have never met face-to-face, we have had countless conversations on Facebook and phone. I've watched her business grow from a small personal chef service to a storefront catering and gourmet take away meal service with multiple employees. And now she is in the stages of opening a restaurant too!

My gripe isn't with her at all. As a matter of fact, I love her to death! And so do other people.

Copying someone's style or even their creations can be a form of compliment if permission is asked and proper credit is given. But there seems to be at least 1 person who has taken it to the extreme! There is someone out there who is not only riding on the coat tails of my friend and mentor, but is even using their name, photos and even content from her website!

She's been asked nicely to remove the photos and content but didn't respond. She was warned of further action and still ignored it.

This really pisses me off!

Why do some people have to be so hard headed and dishonest that it makes good, honest people like my friend have to take time out of their busy lives to fight the idiots who can't would rather plagiarize than do their own work?

I was going to post her website here and tell you to boycott it, but why give her more hits to her site at all?

HERE IS MY FRIEND'S SITE INSTEAD:
Chef Anna

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Kim way to set the people straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to hear it and I like it, if you want to learn more about cooking visit us now. private chef in austin

    ReplyDelete