Thursday, April 29, 2010

Simple Manchego Cheese Dip


With Cinco De Mayo coming up soon, I thought I'd pass along the recipe to a dip I created about a year ago.

I've served this on different occasions with blue tortilla chips, Apple chips and Veggie chips. And I always get the most possitve responses of how much people love it and always ask for the recipe.

Mix

1 Cup Sour Cream

½ Cup Mayonaise

1 Tablespoon (or more to taste) Dried Chive

1 Tablespoon (or more to taste) Minced Red Onion

Then add

½ Pound Shredded Manchego Cheese


Let the flavors marry for at least an hour, but if you can make it a day ahead, then it will taste even better!


Try substituting these other cheeses that also work well with this recipe: Asiago or Jarlsberg for a sharper taste. Gruyere for a nuttier taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment